Monday, March 26, 2012

Easy Quiche

This is an old standby recipe from the Queen's Quick and Easy Meals.  My mom first shared this quiche recipe years ago, but I have learned that it has many variations and all of them are yummy.  I love this recipe because of its versatility.  Whenever I'm caught with not exactly sure what to make for dinner, I can usually pull together these simple ingredients and whip up something yummy in no time.  I can usually scrape together enough ingredients from what is "leftover" in the frig, so it makes it economical, too.  I also love that the kids say, "Oh, I love that dinner!" when they smell it baking in the oven and eat their plates clean without complaining. 

Easy Quiche
Here's the recipe:

Easy Quiche
1/2 stick butter, melted
3 eggs
1 1/2 cups milk (I use 1%)
1/2 cup Bisquick (generic baking mix is fine)
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 - 1 cup diced, cooked meat (ham, bacon, chicken, sausage) or vegetables (broccoli, asparagus, peppers, etc)
1 cup shredded cheese (swiss, cheddar, colby, or combination)

1.  Whisk together melted butter, eggs, milk, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
2.  Whisk in Bisquick.
3.  Fold in meat and cheese.
4.  Pour into greased pie plate.
5.  Bake for 45 minutes at 350.
6.  Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.

I sometimes will make 2 of these at a time.  I have not had great luck mixing a large batch and then dividing it up and getting the right proportions of liquid and solid, so I usually just make two bowls at the same time and then have one to eat and one to share.  This is a great meal to take to someone in need as it reheats nicely. 

We enjoyed our slices of quiche with a fresh tossed salad and some fruit and strawberry yogurt parfaits for dessert.

Easy Quiche
Light and fluffy eggs mixed with swiss cheese and ham baked until golden
and slightly crisp on top.  This simple supper was paired perfectly with a 
tossed salad topped with fruit and honey roasted soynuts and raspberry dressing.


What is your favorite kind of quiche?

No comments:

Post a Comment