Sunday, April 22, 2012

Meal Plan - April 23-29


The countdown to the end of the school year has begun which means that our evenings are packed with lots of extra school related activities.  If ever there was a need for a menu plan, now is the time!

We had a few changes to the menu plan from last week with my parents stopping by, so you may see a few repeats from last week on this week's menu.  The beauty of having a menu plan, however, is that I can just plug that meal into a different day.  I already have all the ingredients I need (as long as I don't vary too far from the plan too many times in a given shopping period!).  I keep a monthly menu plan hanging on my frig written in pencil and just move things around as I need to.  I like having a monthly meal plan because I can pencil in meal ideas when I find new recipes I want to try or discover foods unexpectedly on manager special.

We enjoy fresh/frozen fruit with every meal although I don't always list what that fruit will be unless it's something I need to pull out of the freezer ahead of time.  We also have salad almost every night in addition to the vegetable listed.  We are a dessert family.  Our desserts are not always thrilling . . . sometimes just ice cream, a popsicle now that the weather is warming up, a piece of candy from the kids' treat bags, and the occasional homebaked goodie.  If it's something I need to make, I list it in the menu plan.

Here's what we'll be enjoying around our table this week:

MONDAY - Pork chops on the grill, potato packets, green beans
TUESDAY - Chicken tostadas, Peaches and raspberries (from freezer)
WEDNESDAY - Mediterranean Pork Pita Sandwiches, Greek Salad
THURSDAY - Crock Pot Chicken Stew, Cranberry Sauce, Salad, Oatmeal Scotchies
FRIDAY - Pizza Quesadillas, Salad
SATURDAY - Chicken Kabobs, Rice, Edemame, Salad with mandarin oranges
SUNDAY BRUNCH - Chocolate Chip Pancakes, Bacon, bananas
SUNDAY DINNER - Macaroni and Cheese, Veggies and Dip 

BREAKFAST CHOICES:
Cereal/Toast
Bagels
Sausage/Egg/Cheese Burritos
Yogurt/Granola
Waffles/Pancakes

SNACK POSSIBILITIES:
Trail Mix, Snack Mix
Granola Bars
Fruit/Veggies and Dip
Cereal
Popcorn
Crackers with Cheese or peanut butter
Vanilla Wafers with yogurt dip

I'm linking up to Menu Plan Monday over at orgjunkie.com.  Check out what's on the table of bloggers across the country!

What's on your menu this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment