Saturday, April 28, 2012

Meal Plan - April 30 - May 6

Where did April go?  I swear it just started yesterday!  Here I am looking at the craziest month of the school year - May - and slightly freaking out at all that is going on with our school year end calendar.  Without a meal plan, I could easily find myself stressing out over what to make for dinner.  A meal plan helps me know what I need to do and when I need to do it. 

Photobucket


You may see some repeat meals from earlier weeks.  That's because I still haven't gotten around to making them yet, but I still have all the ingredients on hand in my freezer and/or pantry.  During these busy days, it's imperative that I have a few back up plans in mind just in case the menu plan doesn't work out.  This past week, we had impromptu grilled cheese and tomato soup.  I had something unexpected come up in the afternoon (my husband bought a "new to me" car and we needed to go pick it up), and the kids were starving when we got home.  Grilled cheese and tomato soup came together in less than 15 minutes and hit the spot on that cold, rainy afternoon.  It may not be the most extravagant or creative meal, but none of us went to bed hungry that night!

So, hopefully this week will go a little more according to plan.  I need to get my act together this week, because next week's schedule is packed.   It's Teacher Appreciation Week/Library Week/Book Fair Week/Spring Fling Night with the Art Show and Musical and a fundraiser for SON Ministries in which I volunteered to make several desserts.  I'm co-chair of the Teacher Appreciation Week, so I need to get everything done this week for that.  One day at a time, one meal at a time, one project at a time. 

I have a stocked fruit and veggie drawer which we'll pull from to round out our meals.  I also picked up 3 ice creams (key lime pie yogurt, double dunker cookie blast, and peanut butter cup moosetracks) for desserts this week.

Here's what I hope we'll be having around our table this week:
MONDAY - Tacos, Rice, Beans
TUESDAY - Turkey Meatballs over Rotini, Italian Salad, Garlic Bread
WEDNESDAY - Chicken Pockets, Veggies and Dip
THURSDAY - Salmon Patties, Mac and Cheese, Broccoli Slaw
FRIDAY - Mediterranean Pork Pitas, Greek Salad
SATURDAY BREAKFAST - Choc Chip Pancakes, Bacon 
SATURDAY LUNCH -U-Pick Lunch
SATURDAY DINNER - Invited to a Derby Party for "southern fare"
SUNDAY - Ham/Egg/Cheese Biscuit Sandwiches, Fried Potatoes, Fruit Cups
SUNDAY DINNER - Grilled Chicken, Sweet Potato Souffle, Salad

BREAKFAST CHOICES:
Egg Casserole
Cereal/Toast
Yogurt/Granola/Fruit
Waffles/Pancakes

LUNCH CHOICES:
Turkey Sandwiches
Sausage/Spinach/Cheese Roll Ups
Cheese pizza
leftovers

SNACK CHOICES:
Trail Mix/Snack Mix
Granola Bars
Fruit/Veggies with Dip
Cereal
Popcorn
Crackers with peanut butter/cream cheese/cheese

What's on your menu this week?  What's your emergency back up plan?

I'm linking up my menu over at Menu Plan Monday.  Check out some of the other meal plans from bloggers across the country for inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment