Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Menu Plan Jan 16-22



One of the best things I've done in my kitchen over the years is to meal plan! Having a plan written down makes that "witching hour" of 4:30-6 pm go so much more smoothly. Do we always follow the plan down to each detail? No, not always. Sometimes what I plan on Sunday to eat on Thursday isn't what I feel like fixing come Thursday. Or we might have a change in plans that will not allow for me to make what's on the menu. Or I might forget to get the meat out of the freezer in time to thaw. But it's a start, and that's what matters most. A plan is a very good thing to have! 




Menu planning was quick and easy this week because I have been using a monthly calendar to plot out the meals I have in mind based upon what we have on hand in our pantry and freezer.   I had to venture off my typical themes for this week a bit, but not too much.  This week, I took a quick look at our family calendar and made sure that the meal preps would work with our schedule, added in some fresh fruit and veggie/salad sides from my weekly trip to the grocery store, and we’re all set.

Here’s what we’ll be having on our table this week:

Mondaypork fried rice (w/ leftover pork roast from Sunday), orange Asian salad, fruit
Tuesday – mini meatloaves, make ahead mashed potatoes, green beans, spiced apples (from freezer)
Sandwich Wednesday – Stromboli, tossed salad, fruit
Kids' Pick Thursday – Pork Carnitas (from freezer), rice, beans, salad
Friday – Grilled cheese, vegetable soup, choc chip banana cake (w/ bananas in freezer)
Saturday – U-Pick Lunch (leftover buffet), Hamburgers (from freezer), baked beans, veggies/dip
Sunday Brunch– Egg Casserole, Pumpkin Bread (brunch),
Sunday dinner - spinach salad, beer bread (dinner)


 For breakfasts this week:
Cereal/toast/English muffins, smoothies, ginger maple pancakes (freezer), hard cooked eggs, ham slices


For snacks this week:
Cereal, chex mix/trail mix, crackers w/ cream cheese or peanut butter, pretzels w/ cheese cubes, popcorn, pizza bagels

What's on your menu this week?

Need some further inspiration? Check out some other menu ideas over at I'm an Organizing Junkie where Laura hosts Menu Plan Monday every week. You can also check out some other ideas with Jessica at Good Cheap Eats.

No comments:

Post a Comment